With so many leafy green things growing in the garden and in containers on the back porch, green sauce season is here. Fresh, uncooked green sauces exist in cuisines around the world – pesto, chimichurri, pistou, chermoula, salsa verde (which really describes so many of these herby sauces), and zhoug- a bright, fiery condiment from Yemen that’s made with fresh cilantro, parsley, garlic, chilies and olive oil. Yes, that describes, more or less, many green sauces out there – zhoug also has some cumin, coriander and often cardamom to round it out with floral, earthy flavours. As with its saucy green relatives, it’s amazing on eggs, drizzled over avocado toast, fish, stews and roasted carrots, tossed with potato salad… once you have a jar in the fridge, you’ll start spooning it over everything.
My old friend Mairlyn (the friendship is old, not the people in it) was in town a few weeks ago, and we got together to record a Spiegelau 4992661 21 oz Craft Stout Beer Glasses, Set of 2, (her episode will be up soon!), which was a blast because Mairlyn is hilarious and fun and we could have recorded 6 hours of conversation with no trouble at all. Unfortunately my face hurt from laughing and she had to get to the airport, and so I sent her off with a batch of her own high-fibre Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Bites. It’s the first recipe I made out of her latest book, Peace, Love and Fibre, and one I’ve made two or three times since – despite the very healthy-sounding ingredient list, these are chewy and chocolatey and divine, and I started making them for W’s lunchbox. Though we’re at the end of lunchbox season, camping/hiking/road trip season is right here, and regardless of the time of year, we all need more cookies in our lives.
Bathroom Taps Basin Mixer Taps Bathroom Faucet Sink Taps Waterfall Tap Bathroom Taps Mixer Chrome Modern-Bathroom Home Bathroom Fixtures White Painting Bathroom Basin Mixer Faucet Stream Spout Bathroo
ZHAS Aluminum bath with area without perforation (color B) stand bath qnomsh8286-Furniture
This is what happens when I come home with leftover whipping cream in a can… I need to come up with a use for it to prevent myself from spraying it all directly into my mouth. Also: I have a container of the most brilliant raspberry-rhubarb compote in the fridge, which I love to eat cold with yogurt and granola, but lets face it – a crunchy-edged biscuit and whipped cream makes even better use of it. If dessert was a sandwich, this might be it.
Somehow, someone somewhere decided that shortcakes were the ultimate vehicle for strawberries… so much so that someone else invented those little yellow sweet sponges to sell alongside the berries in grocery stores during the summer. And yes, strawberry shortcake is a good thing… such a good thing that they named a cartoon character after it. But honestly, any juicy seasonal fruit does just as well – you need it to be juicy so that the shortcakes can absorb some of those juices, so cold stewed plums or thickly sliced peaches tossed in sugar are great contestants. But my personal favourite is raspberries + rhubarb – since I have no berries growing in my back yard, I use a bag of the frozen ones, which is perfectly fine – especially for cooking. You wind up with this sweet-tart intense red compote that’s just saucy enough for things like shortcakes and IFELGUD wall mounted water outlet brass shower tap screw or intubation split shower cabin shower room mixing valve – but that’s another story.
Keep Reading »
Yesssss, I managed to get another podcast out and into the world! Food writer Lozse Antique Brass 1 Hole 2 Hands Brass Kitchen tap was in town to promote her new cookbook, Uncomplicated, and since she has many years of experience running the Chatelaine test kitchen, we decided to sit down and answer a few common questions we get about cooking, ingredients and other culinary curiosities. We also talked about what makes a solid recipe, how you know it’s going to work, and ate some jelly doughnuts. Have a listen!
There are few new ideas in the culinary world – most recipes out there are tweaks of existing things or creative new versions of same, and I suppose this is no different. But when someone on Twitter questioned why no ice cream version of the Nanaimo bar exists – beyond, yes, an Taps Faucet Basin Faucet Kitchen Sink Tapsfull Copper Faucet Antique Above Counter Basin Art Basin Retro Hot and Cold Water Faucet (though I wonder about the vanilla ice cream filling with dry custard powder stirred in…) – in response to the conversation about the new Brass Wall Faucet Chrome Brass Faucettaps Contemporary Waterfall Spout Deck Mounted Roman Tub Faucet with Handheld Shower and how the Nanaimo bar stamp looks more like an ice cream bar, ratio-wise, I leapt at the challenge. And so I give you Nanaimo ice cream bars with a Nanaimo bar base and frozen custard ice cream made with Bird’s custard powder. Oh yes.
Water Tapbasin Mixer Taps for Bath and Lavatory Brass Hot and Cold Vessel gold Bathroom Sink Faucet
- Coat Stand，Housewares Standing Coat Hat Rack Bamboo Wooden Creative Storage Shelves Hanger
- White YANGBM Creative Fashion Letters Umbrella Bucket Lobby Office Home Umbrella Stand Umbrella Storage Rack Umbrella Stand (color White)
- A 150x220cm(59x87inch) Student Dormitory Matt Mat,matt Mat,Thin Mat,Breathable Printed Comfortable Versatile Soft Bedroom-b 180x200cm(71x79inch)
- Style Homez Classic Bean Bag XXL Size Maroon Cover Only
- Coat Rack, Hook On The Wall of Creative Japanese Style Solid Wood Hanger, Living Room Rack, Wall-Hung Coat Rack, Wall Bedroom Coat Rack 38.7 18 12cm (color 1, Size 38.7 18 12cm)
- Creative Gradient Folding Stool, Portable Paper Sofa Bench Footstool for Living Room, Bedroom and Dining Room (Size 42cm)
- U-Enjoy Oil Rubbed Bronze Top Quality Dolphin Shape Sink Faucet Single Handle Wash Mixer Taps Deck Mounted 2 Holes (Free Shipping)
- Hefty Ultimate Flex Tall Kitchen Trash Bags, Scent Free, 76 Count
- Bathroom Kitchen Sink Faucet,Silver Modern Design White Tube Pull-Out 360 Degree Cold and Hot Mixing Faucet.
- FuweiEncore Hot and Cold Taps Basin Faucet golden Faucet Scalable redatable (color -, Size -)
- B Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Faucet antique table basin mixer full brass faucets plus high-leading taps, B
- DUOMING Faucet Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap Single Lever Swivel Spout Chrome Brass Square Body Waterfall Taps Basin Sink Mixer Stainless Steel Tap Faucet
- Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, Silver, 7.39 Quarts
- Water Tap Kitchen Taps Faucet Modern Kitchen Sink Taps Stainless Steelcopper Cold-Hot Single-Hole Basin Faucet Wash Basin Table Faucet Plus High Waterfall Faucet Bathroom Cabinet Faucet
- Taps Kitchen Sinkkitchen Faucet Bathroom Brass Kitchen Faucet Sink Kitchen Tap Single Hole Water Mixer Faucet
- Basin Faucet304 Stainless Steel Mirror Kitchen Faucet
- Brass Wall Faucet Chrome Brass Faucetfaucet Vanity Vessel Sinks Mixer Tap Cold and Hot Water Tap
- Pyty123-Faucet Kitchen Faucet Copper Household Universal Hot And Cold Faucet Sink Faucet redatable Faucet, Brushed
- Logmey Best Commercial Black Stainless Steel Single Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet, Hot and Cold Single Lever Kitchen Faucets
- SADF Mop Pool Faucet Single Cold Mop Faucet
- Faucet Quality Warranty Basin Faucet Quality Assurance of Surface Polishing and Chrome Plating On Hot Water Faucet of High Handle Faucet
I love a good burger. It may be my desert island food, in no small part because there are so many different ways to make one, so it’s impossible to get bored. Which is a good thing, because as I’m now the parent of a 13 year old six foot tall eating machine who requests burgers and/or pizza for dinner every night by placing (begging) his order the night before, I’ve been coming up with variations on the most obvious burger formula. So when the Oudan The New Full Copper Kitchen Faucet Hot and Cold Kitchen Sink Faucet Multifunction (color -, Size -) asked if I’d come up with a recipe using Canadian turkey, it was an easy (and delicious) challenge, and of course I like to support our Canadian farmers whenever I can.
Keep Reading »
Though my dad came to Canada from Belgium when he was a kid, I’m no expert on the Liège waffle, except to know what I like when I eat one. Liège waffles aren’t like other Belgian-style (thick? round?) waffles – they’re dense and chewy, yeast-raised, with a dough like brioche but studded with ultra-coarse pearl sugar that melts and caramelizes on the outside as they cook, creating a slightly crunchy exterior with plenty of crispy bits. (Depending on where you live, you can usually find it at gourmet shops and stores that carry more baking supplies than others. I got mine at Duchess Provisions in Edmonton, which is now closed, but it was only $3 – not pricey.)
Keep Reading »
Hey all! The latest episode of Crispy Bits (the podcast!) is out! This one’s short and sweet – a quick chat with vegan YouTube superstar Lauren Toyota of L PZXY Faucet Full Copper Pull-Out Faucet Home Toilet wash Basin hot and Cold Retractable Faucet (before we went for lunch at the Dandelion Cafe – vegan chicken and waffles!) – have a listen!
Brass Chrome Hot and Cold Water Bamboo Bathroom Faucet Single Handle Bamboo Water Tap Antique Bronze Finish Brass Basin Sink Faucet
You guys, I adore baked Alaska, and I’m not sure why it’s not made more often, so I am here to take any scariness out of the process. It’s one of the most fun, and most delicious, and most celebratory – not only because you get to torch it, which is perhaps the most satisfying culinary endeavour there is, but because it has just the right ratio of ice cream to cake (at least double), is topped with Italian meringue, and you can do just about anything you want with it, flavour-wise. I’ve happily shared a couple wedges at restaurants this week, which reminded me that it really isn’t that tricky to make at home, and is what one might in magazine and internet lingo be described as a show-stopper. (But… who wants to stop a show??) Just imagine, if you will, this baked Alaska with sparklers stuck all over it for a birthday. It looks stunning, and yet there’s no pressure to decorate a cake! Bonus!
The folks at Lddpl Wall Mounted Waterfall Spout Chrome Brass Bathroom Faucet Single Handle Hot and Cold Mixer Tap (who are based in Ontario) asked if I’d come up with a recipe using their products, and because a) mango sorbet is W’s favourite, b) I appreciate all support that helps offset the cost of keeping this website designed, hosted and mostly functioning, and c) it gives me a legit excuse to make a baked Alaska on a regular Thursday, I sent Mike out for sorbet immediately.