With so many leafy green things growing in the garden and in containers on the back porch, green sauce season is here. Fresh, uncooked green sauces exist in cuisines around the world – pesto, chimichurri, pistou, chermoula, salsa verde (which really describes so many of these herby sauces), and zhoug- a bright, fiery condiment from Yemen that’s made with fresh cilantro, parsley, garlic, chilies and olive oil. Yes, that describes, more or less, many green sauces out there – zhoug also has some cumin, coriander and often cardamom to round it out with floral, earthy flavours. As with its saucy green relatives, it’s amazing on eggs, drizzled over avocado toast, fish, stews and roasted carrots, tossed with potato salad… once you have a jar in the fridge, you’ll start spooning it over everything.
My old friend Mairlyn (the friendship is old, not the people in it) was in town a few weeks ago, and we got together to record a Cold Water Faucet Deck Mounted Swivel Sink Tap Single Handle Torneira (her episode will be up soon!), which was a blast because Mairlyn is hilarious and fun and we could have recorded 6 hours of conversation with no trouble at all. Unfortunately my face hurt from laughing and she had to get to the airport, and so I sent her off with a batch of her own high-fibre Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Bites. It’s the first recipe I made out of her latest book, Peace, Love and Fibre, and one I’ve made two or three times since – despite the very healthy-sounding ingredient list, these are chewy and chocolatey and divine, and I started making them for W’s lunchbox. Though we’re at the end of lunchbox season, camping/hiking/road trip season is right here, and regardless of the time of year, we all need more cookies in our lives.
Gallery Perfect 9 Piece Black Photo Frame Gallery Wall Kit with Decorative Art Prints & Hanging Template
GL 1206 Bondo Spreaders - Yellow 3-1 2 x 6 Auto Body Shop Supply, 100 Box qnomsh4337-Furniture
This is what happens when I come home with leftover whipping cream in a can… I need to come up with a use for it to prevent myself from spraying it all directly into my mouth. Also: I have a container of the most brilliant raspberry-rhubarb compote in the fridge, which I love to eat cold with yogurt and granola, but lets face it – a crunchy-edged biscuit and whipped cream makes even better use of it. If dessert was a sandwich, this might be it.
Somehow, someone somewhere decided that shortcakes were the ultimate vehicle for strawberries… so much so that someone else invented those little yellow sweet sponges to sell alongside the berries in grocery stores during the summer. And yes, strawberry shortcake is a good thing… such a good thing that they named a cartoon character after it. But honestly, any juicy seasonal fruit does just as well – you need it to be juicy so that the shortcakes can absorb some of those juices, so cold stewed plums or thickly sliced peaches tossed in sugar are great contestants. But my personal favourite is raspberries + rhubarb – since I have no berries growing in my back yard, I use a bag of the frozen ones, which is perfectly fine – especially for cooking. You wind up with this sweet-tart intense red compote that’s just saucy enough for things like shortcakes and Flensted Mobiles Flying Saucers Ii Hanging Mobile - 34 Inches Plastic – but that’s another story.
Keep Reading »
Yesssss, I managed to get another podcast out and into the world! Food writer Black Oil Brushed T Decorry Basin Faucets Waterfall Bathroom Faucet Single Handle Basin Mixer Tap Bath Antique Faucet Brass Sink Water Crane Black Oil Brush,Black Oil Brushed S was in town to promote her new cookbook, Uncomplicated, and since she has many years of experience running the Chatelaine test kitchen, we decided to sit down and answer a few common questions we get about cooking, ingredients and other culinary curiosities. We also talked about what makes a solid recipe, how you know it’s going to work, and ate some jelly doughnuts. Have a listen!
There are few new ideas in the culinary world – most recipes out there are tweaks of existing things or creative new versions of same, and I suppose this is no different. But when someone on Twitter questioned why no ice cream version of the Nanaimo bar exists – beyond, yes, an YHSGY Kitchen Taps Bathroom Faucet White Basin Faucet Water Tap Cold and Hot Waterfall Tap Lavatory Mixer Water Torneira Lavatorio Wash Basin Tap (though I wonder about the vanilla ice cream filling with dry custard powder stirred in…) – in response to the conversation about the new Hot and Cold Crane Brass Sink Mixer White and gold Sink Faucet Single Handle Basin Faucet and how the Nanaimo bar stamp looks more like an ice cream bar, ratio-wise, I leapt at the challenge. And so I give you Nanaimo ice cream bars with a Nanaimo bar base and frozen custard ice cream made with Bird’s custard powder. Oh yes.
Aura Outdoor Products Pro-Zone Cooking System for Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, and other Kamado Cookers
- Desktop Transparent Drawer with Cover Dust-Proof Skin Care Rack Portable Makeup Storage Box Plastic Bathroom Toilet
- B GFEI European style antique shower full copper hot and cold faucet set Retro shower, bright toilet, bathroom, shower, constant temperature shower,A
- Bathroom Sink Tap Black Antique Brass Waterfall Faucet Wash Basin Faucet Waterfall Black Faucet Bathroom Sink Tap Cold and Hot Crane
- Shower set Shower Shower Set Black Bronze Bathroom Bathroom Shower Rain Back To Ancient Times
- Lpophy Bathroom Sink Mixer Taps Faucet Bath Waterfall Cold and Hot Water Tap for Washroom Bathroom and Kitchen golden Coffee Stone Hot and Cold
- Modenny Kitchen Hot And Cold Water Tap Single Handle Single Hole Faucet 360 Degree redating Bubbler Faucet Bathroom Sink Basin Mixer Tap
- Mainstream home LPZSQ Tap Contemporary Waterfall Brass Chrome 204
- Multi-Function Rack, Floor-Level Tiered Storage Rack, Convenient Mobile Wheeled Cart, Bathroom, Toilet, Utility Cart, Trolley, Living Room, Bedroom Storage Trolley
- Cat Semicircle Doormat Patchwork Inspired Pattern Adorable Kitty Faces Silly Expressions Footprints Stripes Halfmoon doormats H 35.4 xD 53.1 Multicolor
- White WFFXLL Creative Iron Coat Rack Nordic Modern Minimalist Living Room Hall Hanger Floor Rack 45x 180cm. Coat Rack (color White)
- Seville Classics UltraZinc 4-Shelf Wire Shelving Rack with Wheels, 14x30x48-Inch
- TH Clothes Hanger Long Short Coats Hats Jacket Stand Organizer, Household Living Room Hanger Rack, Peach color 176cm Height
- High Quality Kitchen Brass Stainless Steelmixer Kitchen Faucet Bendable Sink Dish Sink redatable Pull Copper Hot and Cold Water Faucet
- Basin Mixer Tap Bath Fixtures Wash Basinsinkkitchen 304 Stainless Steel Single Cold Basin Faucet, Stainless Steel Hand Washbasin, Faucet, Single Cold Water Faucet.
- LHbox Basin Mixer Tap Bathroom Sink Faucet Continental copper basin-wide antique table basin table basin SINGLE LEVER SINGLE HOLE cold and hot water tap, B
- XPYFaucet Faucet Skin Tap Washbasin Hot And Cold Wash Basin Mix Hot And Cold
- Allied Brass 1025U-ORB Skyline Collection Wall Mounted Paper Towel Holder, Oil Rubbed Bronze
- LHbox Basin Mixer Tap Bathroom Sink Faucet Continental antique kitchen faucet ceramic switch single-full copper Mixer Taps and cold water pull basin,K
- Chezmoi Collection Frederick 3-Piece Soft Bamboo Fiber Quilt Bedspread Embroidered Medallion Damask Woven Quilted Coverlet Set (Queen, bluee)
- Better Trends Pan Overseas BSWRQUSA Wedding Ring Chenille Bedspread, Sage, Queen
- Decorry High Pull Out Kitchen Faucet with Single Handle Brass Kitchen Faucet of Hot Cold Kitchen Sink Faucets
- Ideal Standard Waschtischarmatur CERAPLUS 2,mit Klinikhebel, o.Ablgarn., Ausld. 112mm, Chrom, BC098AA
- ZAQXSW Lazy Table Bed Desk College Dormitory Small Table Bedroom Notebook Simple Home Bedroom Computer Desk
- Copper Kitchen Faucet Black Sink greenical Pull Single Cold Balcony Faucet (Design Rtt01)
- Happy Little Whale Accent Lamp with Raindrop Shade for Nursery
- SEEKSUNG Lavatory faucets Functions Faucet Type Style Finish Faucet Body Material Inssizetion Type
- Muzyo Bathroom Faucet Black Antique Brass Ceramic Single Handle Basin Faucet, 1
- Antique Decorry Europe Style Basin Faucet redatable Wash Basin Brass Chrome Cold and Hot Basin Shower Bathroom Sink Mixer Basin Faucet,Antique
I love a good burger. It may be my desert island food, in no small part because there are so many different ways to make one, so it’s impossible to get bored. Which is a good thing, because as I’m now the parent of a 13 year old six foot tall eating machine who requests burgers and/or pizza for dinner every night by placing (begging) his order the night before, I’ve been coming up with variations on the most obvious burger formula. So when the 360° redating Faucet Retro Faucetled Light Glass Faucet Square Waterfall Basin Above Counter Basin Hot and Cold Water Faucet asked if I’d come up with a recipe using Canadian turkey, it was an easy (and delicious) challenge, and of course I like to support our Canadian farmers whenever I can.
Keep Reading »
Though my dad came to Canada from Belgium when he was a kid, I’m no expert on the Liège waffle, except to know what I like when I eat one. Liège waffles aren’t like other Belgian-style (thick? round?) waffles – they’re dense and chewy, yeast-raised, with a dough like brioche but studded with ultra-coarse pearl sugar that melts and caramelizes on the outside as they cook, creating a slightly crunchy exterior with plenty of crispy bits. (Depending on where you live, you can usually find it at gourmet shops and stores that carry more baking supplies than others. I got mine at Duchess Provisions in Edmonton, which is now closed, but it was only $3 – not pricey.)
Keep Reading »
Hey all! The latest episode of Crispy Bits (the podcast!) is out! This one’s short and sweet – a quick chat with vegan YouTube superstar Lauren Toyota of Modern Home Kitchen and Bathroom Faucet gold-Plated Pull Copper All Basin hot and Cold scalable Stretch Washbasin Faucet Bench Basin shampooing (before we went for lunch at the Dandelion Cafe – vegan chicken and waffles!) – have a listen!
Ywqwdae European Style Retro Style Hot And Cold All Copper Washbasin Single Handle Single Hole Sink Faucet
You guys, I adore baked Alaska, and I’m not sure why it’s not made more often, so I am here to take any scariness out of the process. It’s one of the most fun, and most delicious, and most celebratory – not only because you get to torch it, which is perhaps the most satisfying culinary endeavour there is, but because it has just the right ratio of ice cream to cake (at least double), is topped with Italian meringue, and you can do just about anything you want with it, flavour-wise. I’ve happily shared a couple wedges at restaurants this week, which reminded me that it really isn’t that tricky to make at home, and is what one might in magazine and internet lingo be described as a show-stopper. (But… who wants to stop a show??) Just imagine, if you will, this baked Alaska with sparklers stuck all over it for a birthday. It looks stunning, and yet there’s no pressure to decorate a cake! Bonus!
The folks at Chongxlgy-1 Copper Retro gold Faucet Ceramic Valve Core Kitchen Bathroom Basin Faucet (who are based in Ontario) asked if I’d come up with a recipe using their products, and because a) mango sorbet is W’s favourite, b) I appreciate all support that helps offset the cost of keeping this website designed, hosted and mostly functioning, and c) it gives me a legit excuse to make a baked Alaska on a regular Thursday, I sent Mike out for sorbet immediately.
- Wendy Bellissimo 4pc Nursery Bedding Baby Crib Bedding Set - Elephant Crib Bedding from The Hudson Collection in Grey and White
- Downluxe Lightweight Solid Comforter Set (Queen) with 2 Pillow Shams - 3-Piece Set - Brown and Tan - Down Alternative Reversible Comforter
- Cesame Aretusina Toilet Seat with Chrome Hinges, White